Saturday 21 April 2018

How I miss her

*How I miss her*


Let me take a flashback,
A quick review of the past
That has stumbled into my day.
As I behold a picture of her-
Resting on me as it was in those days.

Beautiful memories like
an harmless butterfly,
Spreading her wings like when we make the sound-
You on my laps with a pick in my hand.
Even tho I could only strum few major cords,
Neighbors still get lost in pleasant thoughts.

I remember days when tears found no route,
It was you who stood to be my ruth-
Like you were glued to my hands,
I became glued to your skin.
In the six strings became the bad habit I couldn't quit.

I recalled how I saved the last penny,
Just to have you home with me.
it was a tug of war, bringing you home through the roads;
Worms cried outloud but I ignored-
What else was worth having you with me?

When it was time I gave you away,
Yet I am sad that I didn't give you a name.
You were my first girl; my friend and child
Rejoice abroad! Because I am not alone
Now I have with me jehiel-a different skin from yours.

My first few songs were crafted on your fret,
My dexterity as a guitarist began with you as my best friend.
Days I was misconceived for a guru,
You and I knew I was still growing.

Days I skipped rehearsals with you,
Hoping to grab the skills in a jiffy.
You thought me that to jump up is to fall flat-
if i grow up, I stay up.

Now Jehiel is a better companion-
She is a semi-Acoustic;
Saving me the thoughts I had
of getting a pick-up with you,
So we could climb stages those days.

Be a good girl to my Dad.
Afterall, I gave you to him in good faith
He is a better friend with you;
Make his dexterity come up to size.


 _02:46pm 20/04/2018_
 _#Samson Omoniyi_
 *#God'sHeritage*
 *#Bleeding Pen*

2 comments:

Thanks for reading

A Dose of Humility

A Dose of Humility I was in the middle of putting words together again to impart life but then I was prompted to ask a sister what she ...